Erdödy Castle, Jastrebarsko
City of Jastrebarsko
Castels, Palaces and Fortresses
Erdödy Castle, located in the central park of the town of Jastrebarsko, is the oldest preserved cultural monument in Jastrebarsko. It was built by Ban Matija Gereb between 1483 and 1489. From the beginning of the 16th century until 1922, the castle was owned by the Erdödy noble family, after which it was named.
Erdödy Castle, which is an individually protected cultural heritage, has been falling into disrepair for many years and was found in a rather poor condition. Significant construction interventions were needed to make the castle safe for use, and some of the works are: deep foundation using the jet grouting method, demolition and re-construction of worn-out parts of the structure, strengthening of individual structural elements with the FRCM system, stitching and grouting of cracks and worn-out walls, replacement and repair of wooden elements of roofs and mezzanine structures and others.
Ultimately, the castle, renovated according to strict conservation guidelines, will be accessible to citizens through public content, while the castle's atrium will be arranged as a space for cultural events for citizens and guests of the city.