Dvor Veliki Tabor, Desinić
Croatian Restoration Institute
Castels, Palaces and Fortresses
The medieval town, which was probably built by the Ratkajs after they became the owners of part of Zagorje in 1502, was subsequently surrounded by a wall with four wide semi-circular towers. The upper floor is highlighted on a series of consoles. The city has not been significantly rebuilt, so it has kept its original appearance. Late Gothic and Renaissance details have been preserved on the walls: mason's coat of arms and signs, bifora, bay windows and two-story arcade porches in the courtyard.
In the first phase of the works, monolithic columns with capitals and bases that had considerable damage were repaired. In the gallery, the vault and floor surfaces were repaired with bricks of the old format, modelled after the existing one. The roof structure was reconstructed with oak timber. Then the presentation works of the pentagonal tower of the palace were carried out, which included static rehabilitation, reconstruction of the oak roof and rehabilitation of the facade. The interior works of the north wing and towers A, B, C and D have also been completed.