Parish Church of St. Nikola, Barban
Bishop's Ordinariate, Poreč
Church of St. Nikola was built in the middle of the 15th century on the remains of a castle that was the centre of a medieval fortified settlement. At the beginning of the 18th century, it was expanded into a large single-nave parish church of St. Nicholas, which was consecrated in 1701 and completed in 1708.
The interior of the church is closed with a flat ceiling, the walls are divided only by windows and doors, and the sanctuary is raised by several steps and separated from the rest of the church by a semi-circular arch of triumphal arch inscribed in a rectangular field. In the interior of the church there are five baroque marble altars with altarpieces by important Venetian masters from the 16th to the 18th century, a Gothic stone custodian from the 15th century, and baroque wooden sculptures from the 18th century. The bell tower is 25 m high, is located next to the main facade and has been upgraded to a medieval tower.
The work on the restoration of the church included the static rehabilitation of the walls and the restoration of the roof structure with oak roofing according to the original geometry, as well as the replacement of the covering. The front walls and ceilings were repaired with special repair mortars and the ceilings were repaired with lime plaster according to the original profiles and instructions of the conservator.