Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Rijeka
Archdiocese of Rijeka
The church was originally Gothic, and in 1695 and from 1715 until 1726 it was completely remodelled in the Baroque style. It received a classicist facade at the beginning of the 19th century. In front of the church is a bell tower of Romanesque type with the upper part executed in floral Gothic.
The static restoration of the building was carried out by injecting the stone walls with an injection mixture based on Roman lime and white cement and installing zone-mono ties. Works were carried out, which included the restoration of the roof covering made of piles of pipes using the traditional dry installation method, the replacement of the worn-out existing woodwork with new workshop-made larch, and the restoration of the facade.