Church of Sv. Marije od Pohoda, Marija Gorica
Municipality of Marija Gorica
The old church of St. Peter and the monastery in Brdovec parish were taken over by the Bosnian Franciscans in the 16th century. In the 17th century, the patronage was changed and it was dedicated to the Mother of God. The church was rebuilt in the Baroque style in 1758. The new church was built by the respected Zagreb builder Matija Leonhart.
The renovation of the interior of the church was preceded by the repair of the foundation, the repair and restoration of the walls and vaults with high-quality repair mortars and restoration, as well as the reconstruction of the roof and covering. The most demanding interventions were the remediation of moisture and the restoration of the facade and facade with special repair plaster. As part of the interior decoration works, a new wooden structure for the staircase and choir, new stone floors, electrical installations and lighting were made. The space in front of the church got a new look with the construction and paving of a small square, rest area and access paths.