Church of St. Mark, Zagreb
Croatian Restoration Institute
Church of St. Mark was built in the middle of the 13th century. Elements of the Romanesque construction and the Gothic phase from the second half of the 14th century have been preserved.
It was renovated according to the designs of Hermann Bollé from 1876 to 1882, when the roof was made of glazed multi-coloured tiles with the coats of arms of the Triune Kingdom of Croatia, Dalmatia and Slavonia, and the City of Zagreb. The interior was renovated by sculptor Ivan Meštrović and painter Jozo Kljaković in the period from 1936 to 1938.
According to conservation plans and supervision, the reconstruction and partial replacement of the wooden roof structure of the nave of the church, the chapel, the northern and southern apses with first-class larch timber according to the original geometry. The roof covering was replaced with a new glazed coloured tile according to the existing pattern and photogrammetric drawings.