Chapel of St. John the Baptist, Drenčina
Croatian Restoration Institute
The chapel is mentioned in the protocol of 1696 as a wooden oratory in a cemetery with a rustic tablature. It was thoroughly renovated in 1731, when it also got a tower. A vestibule was added in the 18th century. The main altar is from 1740, when the church ceiling and walls were painted.
The wooden structure of the chapel was damaged over time due to moisture and other reasons and was completely dismantled, individual parts were protected and restored, and part of the dilapidated structure was replaced with identical new oak beams of the highest class. The beams are hand-carved with old carpentry tools. The roof structure is covered with three-layer hand-laid conifer planks - shingles.