Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology, Zagreb
Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology of the University of Zagreb
According to the available data, the construction of IV. of the pavilion was started during the Second World War, and was completed only in the post-war years and was occupied in 1949. The interior decoration of the southern annex with a large lecture hall was carried out in 1953. The building is located within the cultural and historical complex Park Maksimir, while the building itself is not protected as a cultural asset. The building houses the teaching and office spaces of the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology and the Faculty of Agriculture.
The building of pavilion IV with its annex and hot connection suffered material damage as a result of the earthquake in the area of the City of Zagreb and the subsequent earthquake in the area of the City of Petrinja.
The project preforms complete renovation of the Pavilion IV building with the associated annex and the warm connection of the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology and the Faculty of Agriculture. The main goal of rehabilitation and seismic strengthening measures is to connect the structure into a compact unit. The measures that are proposed according to the guidelines of the Reconstruction Act are: restoration of materials and construction, elimination of problems caused by inappropriate operations carried out on the building, and increase of seismic resistance with new structural elements.