Eltz Castle is one of the most representative buildings of the Baroque period in Croatia, it was built by count Anselmo Casimir Eltz from 1749-51. The complex passed through a series of reconstructions of which the most important is the historicist one under the leadership of the Viennese architect Victor Siedek at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century which gave the complex its final appearance.During the destruction of Vukovar from 1991 to 1995 all the buildings in the Eltz manor were almost completely damaged and a complete reconstruction and rehabilitation of the northern part of the complex was performed ( Grand hall, Guest pavilion, Building for the technical support, Coach house, Seed station (Bauer Collection), Water tower viewpoint, Gardener’s house and the Gatekeeper’s house). The objects were statically repaired and all the unstable parts were removed. The reconstruction of the roof structure by quality oak material and biber tiles was carried out, new plasters and facades were made along with the works on interior and exterior decoration.
work at the castle