Castels, Palaces, Fortresses
The ING-GRAD Ltd. Company has performed a range of works connected with the improvement, restoration and conservation of monuments and cultural heritage in all the regions of Croatia. Investors have been prominent national and church establishments and institutions, such as the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia, Croatian Conservation Institute, Heritage Authority offices in Osijek, Split, Rijeka, the Archaeological Museum in Pula, The Croatian State Archives, Archdiocese of Zagreb, Diocese of Đakovo and Syrmia, Đakovačka i Srijemska biskupija, Episcopal Ordinariate in Požega, Archdiocese of Rijeka, Episcopal Ordinariate in Poreč, parishes, local district and town hall governments and other placers of order. The activities include sacred architecture, historic buildings and edifices such as fortresses, castles and palaces. Those structures, dictate a special approach and relationship towards the work, especially when they obtain a new function, adjusted to current demands of their users and placers of order. In the course of building, wherever possible, special techniques, based on the knowledge of old masters' techniques, skills and prescriptions, have been applied.
Landesman palace, Vukovar
The Landesman palace is situated in the urban protected area of Vukovar, the V. Nazor street n°3. Built in 1892. for the Landesmann family in Neo-Renaissance style the palace enjoys the status of a cultural monument protected by law. At the beginning of the 20th century it was leased to the state postal office, and later it was occupied by various public services. During the Croatian War of Independence the palace was almost entirely destroyed together with the courtyard building which housed auxiliary structures such as the boiler-room, garage and the residence of the caretaker and that had to be demolished due to its damages. The main street building was reconstructed together with its façade with all decorative elements as well as the elements of the manufactured sculptural decoration and the new courtyard building connected to the main building was added. To serve the purpose of the Croatian Pension Insurance Institute the buildings have been arranged with offices and utility roms. The simple elongated street façade is articulated by narrow, rectangular windows which in pairs of two or three are divided by pilasters, and on the centre of the ground floor there is a wide, semicircular entrance doorway. The courtyard façade is articulated by wide arches in the centre and narrow window openings at the end of the building.
The works on the Landesman palace conducted during 2006. and 2007. in accordance with the conservation terms and within the Project of the renovation of the cultural monuments and objects of public service in Vukovar, consisted of reconstruction, adding, interior design and furnishing of the business spaces of the Croatian Pension Insurance Institute, Regional office in Vukovar.
Main Guard building and the Brožan house, Osijek
The construction of the administrative building and the storehouse in Ivanić Grad lasted from August 2009 until May 2010. The complex consists of two buildings of which the administrative building was constructed as a monolithic construction with plan dimensions of 31.50 x 13.72 m. It was built as a two-story building with the total layout area of 1796.44 sqm. The facade of the ground floor and the first floor is articulated by a continuous row of windows with blue reflective glass, while in front of the windows of the first floor there is a curtain of sliding metal panels in light blue color and green which other than having a decorative function is also a sun screen panel. These panels are repeated on the sides of the building also in front of the windows. Under the roof there is a continuous blue sheet metal cornice. The entrance occupies the centre of the building, it is articulated by large surfaces with blue reflective glass on both floors and it has a little staircase and the access ramp for the disabled in front. Above the entrance there is a terrace provided with metal fence and spaces glazed with windows with blue reflective glass behind.
The administrative building consists of office spaces. The interior is well lighted, functional and simple, the hallway walls are painted in light blue in the lower part, while the upper part is opened with glass surfaces instead of the ceiling.
The second building was constructed as a prefabricated building with plan dimensions of 88.02 x 15.02 m and the gross area of 1192.00 sqm. Here the storehouse, the atomic shelter and dispatching centre are located . The part of the building intended for dispatching centre is higher than the storehouse, its facade is painted in grey and is articulated by rows of rectangular and square windows, while the hall intended for the storehouse and shelter is lower with the facade painted in white and has larger, longitudinal rectangular window openings. The storage doors, the sheet metal roof above the entrance of the dispatching centre and the roof cornices are made of blue sheet metal, and all the windows have the above-mentioned blue reflective glass.
Main Guard building and the Brožan house
Remains of the roman settlement Aqua Iasae, Varaždinske Toplice
In today's Varaždinske Toplice, the oldest and most famous thermal resort in Croatia, the remains of the roman settlement Aquae Iasae, built on the habitat of the Pannonian-Illyrian tribe of Iassae(Iassi) and named after it, are situated. The settlement was on it's peak in the 2nd and 3rd century and at the end of the 3rd. it was devastated by the Goths. The remains of the settlement show the roman building techniques. The archeological research conducted in the period from 1952-1982 found several construction phases of the thermal centre with a habitation. Usually the public and cultural contents of these complexes were situated along the spring itself and according to this here the remains of roman representative public architecture (the spa with pools and drainage system with basilica hall with exedra, the forum and capitol) were found. Tthey are situated on the topmost terrace of the thermal resort hill closely connected with the thermal spring of sulfurous water and due to the decline of the ground from the spring to the south, the bathing contents were always situated on the south of the spring in order to supply themselves easily with water. To the order of the Archeological Museum in Zagreb and the necessities for the perservation and open presentation of the archeological site of the roman thermal resort buildings and the basilica hall in Varaždinske Toplice, a porch of wooden plate carriers with the covering of transparent lexan was made.
Remains of the roman settlement Aqua Iasae, porch on the part of the archeological site
Palace Garbas (Grbac)-Cellebrini, Užarska 26, Rijeka
The baroque complex of the house Garbas (Grbac) - Cellebrini by the architect Giovanni Mattich, consists of more buildings. The construction of this complex lasted from the16-19th century. It has an inner courtyard with a baroque cistern surrounded with porticoes on wide segmental arches on the first floor and simple wooden columns under the eaves on the second floor. The façade is articulated with rectangular window openings and prominent dividing cornice painted in black and outlined in red. This polychromy repeates itself also on the atrium cornices and the corners of the street façade where the kerb-stones are painted in black and outlined in red imitating the carved stones along the corners representing the oldest example of the façade painting in Rijeka. Under the roof the façade is painted with meander motifs.
For the neccessities of the Conservation Department in Rijeka the baroque palace Garbas was reconstructed and restored. The internal spaces have been refined with the first class hand-manufactured woodwork made of quality larch wood and the central communication space is dominated by the glazed lift.
Palace Garbas (Grbac)-Cellebrini