Menu
Tablet
Mobile

St. Mark's Church, Zagreb

The Church of St. Marko was erected in the middle of the 13th century. Elements of the Romanesque building and of the Gothic stage, dating from the second half of the 14th century, have been preserved. It was re-Gothicized according to the drafts of Hermann Bollé in the period from 1876 to 1882, when the roof, made of glazed multicoloured tiles, with the coats of arms of the Triune Kingdom of Croatia, Dalmatia and Slavonia, as well as of the Town of Zagreb, was formed. The interior was restored by sculptor Ivan Meštrović and painter Jozo Kljaković in the period from 1936 to 1938. According to conservation plans and under supervision of the Heritage Authority, the reconstruction and partial change of the wooden roof truss of the church nave, the chapel, the northern and southern apses have been executed, using the first-class larch material, based on the original geometry. The roof covering has been changed with the new glazed coloured tiles, in accordance with the existing pattern and the photogrametric drafts.


St. Mark's Church

Address

Kalinovica 3/IV
10 000 Zagreb, Croatia

Phone number

T. + 385 1 / 30 33 000
F. + 385 1 / 38 35 600