Menu
Tablet
Mobile

Historical buildings

The ING-GRAD Ltd. Company has performed a range of works connected with the improvement, restoration and conservation of monuments and cultural heritage in all the regions of Croatia. Investors have been prominent national and church establishments and institutions, such as the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia, Croatian Conservation Institute, Heritage Authority offices in Osijek, Split, Rijeka, the Archaeological Museum in Pula, The Croatian State Archives, Archdiocese of Zagreb, Diocese of Đakovo and Syrmia, Đakovačka i Srijemska biskupija, Episcopal Ordinariate in Požega, Archdiocese of Rijeka, Episcopal Ordinariate in Poreč, parishes, local district and town hall governments and other placers of order. The activities include sacred architecture, historic buildings and edifices such as fortresses, castles and palaces. Those structures, dictate a special approach and relationship towards the work, especially when they obtain a new function, adjusted to current demands of their users and placers of order. In the course of building, wherever possible, special techniques, based on the knowledge of old masters' techniques, skills and prescriptions, have been applied.

Ministry of culture of the Republic of Croatia, Zagreb

The building in Runjaninova Street is erected in 1914, in the Late Secession style, on the basis of the drafts of architect Rudolf Lubynski. It is the last Austro-Hungarian structure built for the needs of government affairs in Zagreb. The reconstruction, interior design and remodelling of the building to serve the needs of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia has demanded a range of complex construction and artisan interventions. The reconstruction of the existing structure and the building of an annex to the courtyard edifice have been carried out according to high architectural standards and conservation instructions, with the aim of preserving the historic appearance of the old edifice.


 Ministry of culture of the Republic of Croatia

Croatian State Archives, Zagreb

The most significant palace built in the Croatian Secession style, proclaimed "the realization of the 20th century". It was erected according to the drafts of Rudolf Lubynski, one of the most productive architects of Zagreb. The constructing began in 1911, and it was put to use in 1913. It represents a successful combination of the Early Viennese Secession and the Modern European, especially German architecture of the 20th century. It is 80 m long, 46 m wide, made of reinforced concrete and an iron frame. The interior of the building is luxuriously decorated.
The works have included the flooring improvement in the attic, the central part of the basement and the floor of the eastern courtyard, by means of cement glazing, with the addition of acrylic dispersions and the closing underpinnings, made of special improvement materials. The reinforced concrete walls have been built and the high-standard fire prevention has been provided.


Amphitheatre, Pula

The Roman amphitheatre called Arena is built in the dominant location above the harbour. It was erected in the 1st and the 2nd centuries, with an elliptic ground-plan (133 x 105 m), and the walls 32.5 m high. The Amphitheatre could contain 20,000 spectators. It is the sixth greatest amphitheatre in the world. The location of the permanent theme exhibition on Istrian olive and wine growing in antiquity in the basement of the amphitheatre has demanded the reconstruction of the reinforced concrete ceiling and the interior design. According to the project demands, the dilapidated ceiling slate, positioned alongside the central part of the arena, has been removed, and a new one, leaning against prestressed reinforced concrete girders and pillars, has been constructed. The stone walls in the subterranean vaults have been constructed by using the traditional methods and materials – hand-manufactured stone and mortar, according to the old prescriptions.


Amphitheatre, Pula

Croatian Pension Insurance, Karlovac

The reconstruction works on the three-storey 19th century street building consisted of reconstruction of the entire building with the replacement of the roof and building of the attic offices. The works were carried out under the supervision of the Conservation Department in Karlovac, and in accordance with the 19th century methods of construction.
This is particulary reflected in the installation of a modern lift in the central staircase. Respecting the original architectural style the lift is hidden in a way that his cabin passes through the roof in such a way as to incorporate three arched roof windows, two of which are real windows, and the third is the lift mask. The renovation works of the backyard building consisted of building a new two-storey building with the ground and the first floor. Particularly interesting is the detail of the bridge made of glass walls connecting the street building. The building facade was carried out by trimo panels as well as the roof. The works on buildings were performed in the period from January 2009 to April 2010.


 Croatian Pension Insurance, Karlovac

Address

Kalinovica 3/IV
10 000 Zagreb, Croatia

Phone number

T. + 385 1 / 30 33 000
F. + 385 1 / 38 35 600