Katarina Frankopan founded the monastery in the 1404 The church and the monastery were originally erected in the Gothic style. In the later periods it was remodeled and demolished. From 1749 to 1767 the monastery and the church were restored and adapted in the Baroque manner. The church was painted in fresco and furnished with the Baroque furniture and fittings. The monastery and the church were devastated in the Croatian War of Independence. The church and the monastery damaged in Croatian War of Independence needed a complete restoration, which included works on the static improvement, reconstruction and design of the interior. In the course of this demanding project, the reconstruction and improvement of the walls, the flooring, the vaults and the roof truss of the church and the monastery have been performed. The roof frame has been made of massive oak material. The works have been executed in ancient construction manners and by mean of traditional material, under supervision of the Heritage Authority service.
Paulist Monastery and Church of Our Lady of the Snows