The chapel was mentioned in the protocol of 1696 as a wooden oratory in the graveyard, with a rustic tabulatio. It was thoroughly restored in 1731, when it also gained a little tower. In the 18th century the vestibule was added. The main altar dates from 1740, when the vault and the walls were painted. The wooden construction of the chapel, damaged in the course of time, due to moisture and other reasons, has been completely separated into components, and individual parts have been conserved and restored. Then the pieces have been put together in a whole, while the dilapidated material has been substituted with the identical new oak beams of the highest quality. The beams have been hand-manufactured with the traditional carpenter's tools. The roof truss has been covered with the three-layered hand-splintered coniferous shingles, known as šindra.
Chapel of St. John the Baptist