The earlier church of St. Peter and the monastery in the parish of Brdovec were taken in charge of the Bosnian Franciscans in the 16th century. In the 17th century the patronship was changed and it was dedicated to the Mother of God. The church was remodelled in the Baroque style in the year of 1758. The new church was built by Matija Leonhart, a prominent constructor from Zagreb.
The church interior design has been preceded with the improvement of the foundations and the renovation of the walls and the vaults by means of high-quality repair mortar, as well as with the improvement and reconstruction of the roof truss and covering. The most demanding interventions have been related to damp improvement, the renovation of the front and the façade by means of a special kind of repair plaster. A new wooden staircase and choir frame, new stone flooring, electric fittings and the lighting have been among major interior design interventions. The space in front of the church has gained a new appearance, due to the construction and the paving of a little square, a resting place and the access paths.
Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Marija Gorica